Riptide Pool & Spa Services
Outer Banks Pool and Spa Service Company
Our goal at Riptide Pool & Spa is to provide you with not only outstanding spa and pool cleaning services on the Outer Banks, but year-round attention including winterization and openings; cover installation/storage/removal; and hurricane preparations, storm cleans, and speciality treatments when needed. We service all in-ground pools including concrete, fiberglass and vinyl liner. When you are ready to purchase or sell your OBX vacation home, we'll work with you and your real estate agent to complete a detailed pool and spa home inspection.
Weekly Spa & Pool Services:
We keep our customer base selective in order to better serve our homeowners and keep their pool and/or spa clear and blue, especially during the busy summer months. Our pricing and packages are fully customizable to your needs but always includes year-round service performed by one of our highly trained service technicians. Please see the outline of our typical service plan below and contact us for your personalized quote.
Two Full Cleans (net, brush, vacuum) • Water chemistry balance & level/temp adjustments • Empty skimmer & pump baskets • Filter system maintenance • Scrub tile/water line • Maintain heater settings
Includes all the above except full pool cleaning • Spa serviced & temp turned down.
Full service & filter system maintenance during occupied weeks in shoulder and winter months.
Remove excess debris & maintain chlorine level of pool. Ensure spa econo-settings, sanitation & cover security.
- Organize pool deck furniture and removal of trash/debris.
- The highest quality sanitizers, clarifiers and filter cleaners.
- Diagnosis of common leaks and equipment issues.
- Inspection for safety issues including broken or missing signage, rescue devices, gate latches and drain covers.
- Service calls not resulting in general maintenance or repairs.
- Photo documentation of sales and repairs.
- Damage/renter abuse documented and reported immediately to property management or owner.
- Sale of pool and spa supplies, repair parts and specialty treatments.
Riptide Premier Program
Outer Banks Event Homes and Luxury Properties Deserve Our Premier Pool and Spa Services!
Riptide's Premier Program offers unmatched service to homes with unique amenities and whose owners and their guests are accustomed to the highest standards. Many of our Premier homes boast resort style pools, multiple spas, wading pools or other features that require special attention. Let us ensure your luxury home receives the care it deserves- starting with additional service visits throughout weekly stays.
Winterization & Opening
Although the Outer Banks don't get extreme winters, it is still important to properly winterize both pool and spa equipment and plumbing. In addition, our pool closings start with water balancing and continue with winter chemical checks to ensure they stay clear and blue.
Storm Prep & Cleanup
Unfortunately our beautiful barrier islands are prone to heavy winds and rains due to nor'easters and hurricanes. We offer our customers a Hurricane Preparation service and are fully equipped with a variety of commercial pumps to handle all after-storm cleanings.
Did source water stain your pool or did it turn green over the winter? We stock an essential range of speciality chemicals to help with the upkeep of our pools, and our team has the knowledge and experience to correct serious water chemistry issues.
Home Inspection Services:
A pool and spa inspection is an important part of an Outer Banks home sale. We offer our 20 years of experience to real estate agents and homebuyers.
- During our inspection of the structure, equipment and accessories, we note the overall condition and age, as well as any damage or leaks. We also make sure everything is connected according to manufacturer and industry safety standards. Pressure testing is also available.
- Safety issues are an important part of the inspection. We visually inspect around the pool area (gates, fencing, decking and handrails) for potential hazards, as well as improper electrical bonding, faulty GFCI outlets, etc.
- Our detailed report includes a water analysis with maintenance concerns, and an outline of necessary repairs and possible future problems. The report will also include images, cost estimates and recommendations for a separate electrical or leak inspection if needed.